The Steering Committee on Canada’s Archives (SCCA) along with Jeanne Darche and Kathryn Harvey are seeking two new members for the English sub-group of the Archival Workforce Taskforce. This opportunity will allow members to guide the work on a national initiative that will ensure that the Canadian archival community can better respond to future opportunities and challenges.
Broadly speaking, this work will seek to develop a better understanding of the current and future archives workforce, as well as to explore linkages between archival education programs offered by universities, colleges, and other training opportunities on one hand, and the challenges experienced by workplace practitioners on the other. It will build on other related efforts undertaken within the Canadian Archival System and elsewhere in the recent years.
We are especially interested in hearing from those who have a background in survey development, administration, and analysis.
Details for this call for expressions of interest
- Membership is open to the Canadian archival community, as well as those with an interest in Canadian archives;
- Participation on these taskforces is voluntary;
- The majority of the work will be done electronically or via teleconferences;
- Participation on the taskforces will progress over the next 12 to 18 months;
- Participation is limited to six members, selected by the Taskforce English sub-group Co-Chair and will be based on building a team of diverse archival experience and pertinent interest and expertise.
- The project charter includes the scope, objectives and deliverables for the priority;
- Taskforce members will be responsible for implementing the work identified in the project charter, which will be presented to the SCCA, quarterly.
- Please express your interest before February 28, 2018. Expressions of interest should outline your general qualifications and experience, any special skills or knowledge you feel would be of particular use to the taskforce and your reasons for wishing to join.
If you are interested in joining this taskforce or require additional information, please contact:
Head, Archival and Special Collections, University of Guelph
519-824-4120 ext. 52089