What We Do
The Steering Committee on Canada’s Archives was established in spring 2016 to:
- Strike multi-disciplinary taskforces to realize priorities under the strategy set out in Canada’s Archives – A New Blueprint;
- Oversee the work of the taskforces;
- Continuously update members of the Canadian archival community on results attained; and,
- Monitor efforts on the horizon to identify new initiatives to move forward in collaboration.
The Steering Committee on Canada’s Archives is made up of ten full members, with two representatives from each of the following organizations:
- Association des archivistes du Québec
- Association of Canadian Archivists
- Canadian Council of Archives
- Council of Provincial and Territorial Archivists
- Library and Archives Canada
A maximum of two members at large may be appointed by the Steering Committee for a term of two years, renewable at the discretion of the Steering Committee.
Secretariat services are provided by Library and Archives Canada.